Thursday, April 30, 2009

Soccer Star

Ephraim had his first soccer game this week. All the kindergarten teams have Harry Potter names. Ephraim's team is The Muggles. For this game, they played the Wizards. I'd like to say the non-magical folk won, but as one would expect, the Wizards exercised their amazing magic and witchcraft against us (they scored 17 goals, clearly some magic at work). Ephraims says his team scored 3 (poor defenseless Muggles-never knew what hit them). Despite the loss, Ephraim was so happy to play and is thrilled for the next game. He was impressively athletic during the game (especially in comparison to preschool soccer 2 years ago, when he just stood near the goal and chatted with the cute girls). Here are some photos.
Team Cheer!


An opposing player chats it up with Ephraim:

Going after the ball...

Taking a break:

Oops, is the teammate taking the ball from Ephraim? Uh oh.

Water Break:

More aggressive play. Yay Ephraim!
Chattin' with his teammates.

"Good Game, Good Game, Good, Game..."


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Cute post! I loved the Harry Potter references...'poor defenseless muggles" maybe Ephraim needs to brush up on his spells!

I love soccer season!