The other day Silas tearfully came to me and said, "The bathroom is not working." I knew immediately what had happened and ran in to see the toilet had not only overflowed, but most of the water was no longer in the bathroom. Gulp. I went downstairs dreading the result (we just finished the basement, after all), but I was happy to discover the water running out of a vent rather than smack through the middle of the ceiling. I threw down a towel and realized the water left the upstairs bathroom through a vent, flowed through the ductwork (which must have had a downward slope) and out the vent in the basement TV area. The damage was very minimal. You can see the water stained the drywall about an inch around the vent opening. Should be paintable and ready to go again soon! Lesson learned: don't purchase cushiony/thick toilet paper because children roll it out to the floor no matter how thick or thin it is!
Seven Minutes
1 day ago


No comments:
Post a Comment