Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Big Baby Jane

Jane is growing up.

Fast.

I've tried to slow down and take lots of time to hug, squeeze, kiss and cuddle my sweet Baby Jane.

I love to nibble on her thighs, blow on her belly, kiss her neck - all of these make her laugh hysterically. I love watching all the other kids take turns getting her to laugh as they play peek-a-boo or just make weird sounds that Jane seems to find funny.

When I was pregnant with Jane, my main impression was that she was a girl and that she had a "sweet spirit." What is a sweet spirit, anyway? Whatever it means, it must be true. Whenever we're out in public, a shocking number of people walk by and suddenly exclaim, "OH! She is SO SWEET!" Interesting choice of words. And this degree of attention has never been showered on any of my other babies. It's fun.

We all love Jane!
Jane & I
(the boys say this is "Dude Jane" because she's wearing a "Dude Hat")
Silas coaching Jane on her crawling.
Jane's concentrated tongue-action, which apparently helps her crawl.

More tongue-powered concentration. Yay Jane!
Jane loves Kix cereal.
Jane Annabel Eden and her friend Flora Jane

Deciding to get pregnant with #5 was a scary thing to do, but it felt right. Now, in retrospect, we are SO GLAD we had her! Every child in our family has added so much love, energy, and fun. We feel very blessed!

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Yay! Jane really is sweet and I'm glad you're happy.

Sarah said...

I miss you so much, Jen! You're one gorgeous momma, too :) I can't believe how big Jane is!!!!!!