Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Car Wreck, Secret Service Ride

Yesterday afternoon Mystery Man's car (a Saturn wagon) was hit while parked at the mall parking lot. He arrived at the car to see an 80-year-old woman and a police officer near his car. The woman's car was not driveable; MM's car was kind of driveable, but the backend was quite smashed. This woman must have thought she was Mario Andretti in that parking lot!

Anyway, today I took the car to the car repair place. They said since the Saturn isn't really driveable, we qualified for a rental car. The rental car place was short on cars today, so they agreed to drive me and the kids home and then bring our rental by later tonight. I was a bit intimidated to be driven home by a sharp looking young guy in black pants, white shirt and a tie. He greeted me with a completely professional handshake and helped arrange all the kids in a BIG black suburban with nice leather interior. I sat in the back with the kids because Lorelai was crying and joked with our "driver" that I had always wanted a chauffer and this was definitely a blogworthy event. Here we are (OK, well it's PRACTICALLY how we looked):

Hey, I guess it's all about who you know... MM is just 7 steps away from President Obama, afterall...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Whoa, blogworthy you :) I'll bet you were hanging out the moonroof in your old prom dress with a bottle of sprite, greeting the world, jk. I hope the saturn gets fixed soon- I'm sure that lady was really shaken up- I'm glad MM wasn't IN the car when she blasted it! Let me know if you guys need rides or to borrow a car or anything...I'd be happy to help in any way I can....