Monday, June 22, 2009

Blog-a-Thon Day 2: Ephraim's Birthday with the Fam

Last week Ephraim turned 6. We celebrated the event as a family with cake and ice cream, followed by gifts (wow, how unusual we are).

Blowing out the candle...

Cutting the cake with a honkin' big butcher knife. Mystery Man, have you heard of safety?


The Birthday Boy is all smiles.


Lorelai loves birthdays. It's all about the cake.

Ephraim opens gifts while everyone looks on. He got Lego, a Magic Set, and a Game.


Stoic Silas sports 3 injuries. One is the bruise in the middle of his forehead. Two other injuries were separate incidents that probably needed stitches, but I used the OTC glue instead. That stuff rocks! Each injury involved one of his brothers and didn't result in any crying. In fact, I only noticed one of the "almost needs stitches" injuries when I saw blood on his face. He had tried to cover it himself with a bandaid. [I thought he would outgrow his injury-prone nature by now. The emergency room has begun keeping tabs on us.] :)


Ephraim finishes opening the gifts.


Our family. Yes, I look that good every day. [You're saying, "Jen, have you heard of a comb?"]


2 comments:

Marianne said...

What happened to Azael's shirt? Is he messy enough that you make him eat without one? Mmmm, chocolate cake sounds good.

Nanci said...

Jen, I just love you, you crack me up! I love reading your blog.