Our bathroom is done. I have few words for this phenomenon... especially after each of those 12 tortuous months in which we thought about working on it but never quite found the time. Drumroll please...
Just kidding... this is the OLD bathroom. YUCK! We tore out the walls and made it bigger...
Another drumroll please...
Presenting... Our new bathroom!
100% created-by-us, from scratch, from boards & drywall to shelves and towels.
Notice the little blue man I drew... nice, huh? He will be replaced with a photo soon.
We installed this tile (I did most of it, yay!) and now swear we will never tile anything again. It looks fine now, but the actual process was nightmarishly lengthy and stressful... but now well worth it. We love showering in this very BIG airy space. There's even an overhead light so it's quite pleasant. It even has a built-in shower niche for soap, shampoo.
The view of the vanity from the shower.
So you're all invited to stop by and take a nice shower. You can pretend you're in a warmer climate. That's what I do. And I lock the doors and stay in there a nice, long time. In fact, I think I'll go take another shower now...


10 comments:
Wow. I am so impressed. Are you handy with wood too?
Handy, no. Unwealthy, yes. So we were forced to learn. I can't emphasize enough how stressful home renovation is. Glad you liked it. :)
WOW!!! That is amazing. See, I make cupcakes, you make bathrooms. Now which is more impressive?
It's gorgeous! I even like the little blue man - adds a little spunk. I might just take you up on that shower . . . as long as I can stay awhile and pretend I'm in a far far away land.
I'm impressed! You did a great job. It's beautiful!!
What a cool bathroom! I am so impressed that you did all this yourself. I'm proud of myself when I get contracts set up for OTHER people to remodel at my house! Great job.
Terry Evanson
Marianne,
As for "far far away land" I like to imagine Italy. When would you like to schedule your shower? :)
Looks neat, tidy, clean, enticing, friendly and inviting. It has that Carrara look - are you Michaelangelo, I presume. Or the sorcerer's apprentice mixing, measuring the magic potion and waving the mystical wand? The bath looks professional and good housekeeping quality ready. Like the industrious ant you have every right to feel pleased and proud for a job well done. I know it is a joy to behold and relax with such sublime beauty all around. Wishing you many rewarding moments cleansing body and soul. What a lovely picture. The colors are appropriate and I am reminded of the fields of barley. We are still anxious to see a fluid, flaming, aromatic, colorful hottub installed for family reunions.
Very impressive and classy! Way to go, Ridays!
Cherilyn,
that means a lot coming from you (since you know what tiling is really like!)
:)
Post a Comment