Silas turned 4 today. Happy Birthday, Silas. We had a party here at home this morning with several friends and moms. Then tonight we had a family party. Here are some photos of the big day...
Daddy & Silas share a cute moment
Mommy & Silas
A little about Silas:
Silas is happy, energetic, and always trying to keep up with his big brothers. He plays with small Lego, just like Azael & Ephraim, and does a pretty good job. He can play board games fairly well now, especially Candyland, Hissss, Go Away Monster, etc. Silas has a temper at times, but what 4-year-old doesn't? He still takes naps (at my insistence) and he loves Backyardigans, Blue's Clues, and anything his older brothers believe is "cool." He plays computer games very well for his age. Silas has a great love of music. I have a suspicion that music will always be an important part of his life. He will stop everything to listen to music, especially classical.
Sweet little Silas loves sweets, including fruit, cookies, etc. Although I risk revealing his potential eating disorder, I'll share... Silas frequently stashes food under his bed to snack on without parents noticing. We would be happy to let him snack at will, but he doesn't seem to have developed his "shut-off" or "full" mechanism yet. He once ate an entire carton of strawberries in one sitting. The other day I was making cookies for a funeral and I couldn't find the brown sugar. Guess where I found it... half eaten, under his bed. Oh boy. The joys of parenting. I need to ask the doctor how to handle this one. Cupboard locks? I have talked to him about this countless times, but I tried again. This time I mentioned the fact that his room will soon have "snakes, bugs, and rats" if he doesn't stop sneaking food under there. This method may have worked, as I haven't found food under there for a few days. Today he even asked my permission before taking his 2nd cupcake. Progress....
We greatly love Silas. He has THE CUTEST smiles and a devilish laugh. He takes after his mother; he often laughs just to laugh. Happy Birthday, Si (his nickname). Love Mom & Dad!



1 comment:
That song was so cute! I hope my kids love music that much.
Post a Comment