I once taught an English class while on my mission in Germany and met 2 great people, Christa & Wolfgang (Wolfie). For the past 15 years, they have come to the US twice annually to tour around via their Harley Davidson motorcycle for about a month each time (I envy the length of European vacations). Their Harley is stored in Los Angeles at a friend's house, so they always begin in LA. Normally they tour around the Western US, but this time they decided to cross the Missouri and even the Mississippi! They drove 2500 miles in 8 days, which is apparently no small feat on a motorcycle. They are staying with us this weekend. It has been interesting to remember how to speak German. Thank goodness MM is fluent. In fact, I have been surprised to witness a personality change in MM this weekend. Either he is a different person when speaking German (more outgoing) or he just prefers Europeans. So conversationally speaking, this weekend I've been able to sit back and enjoy myself, chiming in here and there, but mostly just relaxing while MM does the talking.
Here are our boys on the Harley Road King, along with Christa & Wolfie (in our garage):

Azael is in his element...

Ephraim gives the motorcylce a try, too.

Silas is more reserved and apparently has yet to develop his "bad boy" motorcycle personality.

Christa & Wolfie went to the Harley Davidson museum in Milwaukee yesterday and loved it. Today I made a full-blown German style breakfast with bread, meat, cheese, marmelade, and so on. Yum. MM is loving this. The longer we're married, the more I realize he wants more European style food. Anyone have any recipes for me? I'll be making Apple Streudel soon. I might just share...
Three cheers for Christa & Wolfie, re-learning German, and great food!
2 comments:
As for the German food,
I have been trying to learn how to make cheese and I made some very disgusting tasting cheese. definately qualifies as 'stinky cheese' perhaps you guys would enjoy it.
Please learn how to make Quark. Yum. MM loves stinky cheese, too. :)
Post a Comment