While in KC, I had the opportunity to simply relax and ponder life on day 1. Those of you who truly know me know that I love to be alone, enjoying the peace of utter quiet and solitude. Yay! Rejuvenation!
Friday evening we ate at a very high end restaurant (thank you for treating, Joni) and watched a DVD. Here is a photo of Joni and me that evening.
Saturday we went shopping, then headed to visit their son, Christopher, and his girlfriend Jessica, who attend the University of Kansas in Lawrence. We had a great time, again eating in a fantastic restaurant, strolling through the cool shopping district there, enjoying ice cream, and visiting the campanille (bell tower) on campus. Christopher is one of twenty people who actually PLAY the campanille (you rock, Cousin!) We climbed (and I huffed and puffed) all the way up the tower to watch him play. Christopher played very impressively. He graciously let me play, too. While I definitely wasn't great, it was fun to play the KU fight song for the entire campus to hear. My moment of fame. :)Here we are: Jessica, me, Joni, Christopher, & Craig.

I'm attempting a cool photo of me leaning on the campanille. It failed, but you get the idea. :)

Chris playing live. You actually have to kind of punch those keys with your full hand to play it. Much different from a piano or organ.
The bells.Everything was wonderful! Interestingly, on the way home, my plane was taxiing out from the terminal, and a man who appeared to be afraid of flying passed out. We wheeled back to the terminal, where the paramedics checked him out and OKed him for flight. Twenty minutes later we headed back to the runway, just about to safely leave, and this anxious man threw up all over himself. We headed back to the terminal again, where he was forced to deplane. By some stroke of luck, I still made my connecting flight back home. Hooray!
I feel blessed to have a husband who is so great with our kids and who supports me having a lot of fun in life (aka, getting out of the house). Mystery Man is truly my hunk of burnin' love. :)



4 comments:
I'm so glad you got to get away for some personal time! Sounds like it was a lot of fun.
Wow, way to go MM for holding the fort. And what a BONUS the house was even clean! Little acts of giving like that in a marriage truly make you feel loved, don't they! What a funny story about taking off in the airplane. When reading about those two men passing out and throwing up I thought the story was heading along the lines of going back to the terminal for a third time because you started getting labour pains! Thank goodness not! Oh, by the way. Tony has been really busy lately but he did sit down at the computer this week and started typing Heathcliffe a lengthy email. After quite some time I heard Tony frustrated because the computer shut down on him out of the blue. So let MM know Tony was trying!
Thanks, Loretta. MM was contemplating sending an email to Tony once, but never completed. Tony shouldn't feel too slighted. MM doesn't really contact anyone. At all. I only talk to him because I live with him :)
Post a Comment