Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Bunnies

For Easter this year, I made 2 Easter Bunny cakes.

My mother-in-law asked that I post my "how to" photos here.

1. Make a cake in 2 9" rounds. Cut each round in half.



2. Stand the rounds up together and stick them together with a bit of frosting (I used buttercream frosting).


3. Cute a notch out of one side, like this.


4. Frost the whole cake, including the notch. Sprinkle toasted coconut on the entire cake except for the notch.

5. The notch is for the face. Cut a large marshmallow in half diagonally to make the rabbit's ears. Cut a large marshmallow in half width-wise to make 2 circles for the cheeks. Use 2 small marshmallows for the teeth, 2 black jellybeans for the eyes, and 1 pink jellybean for the nose. Add green coconut for the grass (I just stirred a little green food dye into a small bowl of coconut).


Voila!


1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Wow! Those are super cute. I am going to try that next year!!