Saturday, April 9, 2011

Burning Zoo Gangsta

Today was our first "brush burn" of the season. All the kids helped, and I was pleasantly surprised to discover their "help" actually WAS help this year. They accomplished a lot. It probably helped that they got to put their "contributions" on the fire.

Yesterday I took the kids to the zoo. They all had a good time trying to impress each other with their knowledge about all of the animals. Our zoo has a nice playground structure with a climbing wall. Jane went right up, climbing like a pro. Azael showed Jane what it would be like to be a turtle. Lorelai running over, yelling, "You've got to see this!" She had found the goats across the fence from the playground. Silas on the rock wall. Ephraim on the rock wall.

Although I didn't see him doing this when I took the photos, while loading these pictures on the blog, I noticed Silas had a special "gangsta" pose in several pictures (cool/mean face, arms crossed).

Example 1


Example 2

Example 3

Silas is "all that and a bag of chips."

1 comment:

Tabitha said...

Haha, Silas is so cute.