Monday, November 30, 2009

Toilet issues

Go ahead. Judge us.

Label us as "bad parents."

But the fact is, we're at a loss....

After scolding, begging, pleading, talking, and every other "ing" we could think of, we've given up.

We're locking both the bathrooms now because our 2 year old keeps doing stuff like this:




Oh, yes, she thinks it's hilarious.

We don't.

We're going to get even with her though.

This photo will be blown up and featured at her high school graduation. And her wedding.

Paybacks are fun, Lorelai!

Oh, and if you want to visit us, the bathroom key is hanging above the door where none of our kids can reach it.

Although it's getting old, unlocking that door EVERY time one of our 4 toilet trained children needs to go.

I know what I'm asking (and praying) for this Christmas.

8 comments:

Amber and The Boys said...

Oh that looks like LOTS of fun!

Martine said...

Oh you poor thing! Is she potty trained? My 4 year old finally decided he would start going in the toilet when I told him the only present he was getting for Christmas was pull-ups. He figured it was time:) It's been so nice. However, my 5 year old with cerebral palsy still thinks it's fun to play in the toilet. So I can share in your frustrations! You have the sweetest, cutest family and you look so good after just having a baby. You're amazing!

Valerie said...

Caleb was making giant messes in our bathroom for a few weeks. His specialty was rolling out all of the toilet paper and shoving the contents of the bathroom closet down the laundry chute. He stopped about a month ago, just as he started to really master potty training.
If I were Sigmund Freud, I would suggest that the stress of potty training prompts resentment for, then aggression towards the bathroom.

Heidi said...

If you remember we had a $200 plumber call to retrieve toys that had been flushed down the toilet.

Last week he did the same thing in the Myers bathroom, so I wish he could say he's grown out of it.

Good luck!

Carla said...

Photos are not revenge enough.

Have I ever told you of my plan to pull every book off of Ian's shelves every time I visit his adult home?

Jen said...

Carla & Valerie, thanks for the laugh.
Heidi-you've made me afraid, very afraid. Will she never stop?!?
Marine-yes, she's potty trained. But always, always drawn to the toilet. Once I saw her in the bathroom with a cup of water. When I dumped it out in the sink, the water was blue. I wonder if the Clorox drop-ins killed all the germs in her intestine. LOL!

hilary w said...

Wow...I don't envy you! At least you have a plan to get back at her, even if it takes 15 years!

Martine said...

It's amazing what children can survive!....and what their parents can survive:)