Monday, May 18, 2009

Pain is Not for Me

I have permanent, round the clock headaches now. I have never really suffered from headaches all that often (in normal life or during pregnancy), so I am not an upbeat person right now. You hear stories of people who cheerfully handle their pain and trials. That's not me. Poor Mystery Man hears my complaininig daily. Sorry honey. Thanks for being awesome! Anyway...here are some photos of Lorelai I've collected lately. Plus one of me. Oh, and BJ: I do not take aspirin or ibuprofin. I have also not tried lilac essence. Any recommendations, anyone? I will try acupuncture soon, I think.

Lorelai wearing Ephraim's backback.
Lorelai in Ephraim's bed, listening to the Wee Sing CD.

My new apron, a FANTASTIC Mother's Day Gift from Mystery Man & kids. THANK YOU!

Lorelai is the bath.

Lorelai holding Jet, the 1-month-old baby of Juree, Tiffany's matron of honor in the wedding. She was enthralled with him. Guess she'll enjoy a new baby at our house.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

I am sorry you feel so bad. It is the worst when it is constant and you get no relief. I am sorry. Please let me bring you dinner or watch your kids.

Sarah said...

Oh no, Jen, I hope this new sudden headache thing fades away as your pregnancy advances! If you're not into medicine, I've heard good things about peppermint essential oil. Just a drop on your forehead or temples. Tried it once from a co-worker and it worked, though it may have been placeebo effect.... :)

Loretta Nizetich said...

Hi, just wanted to say congratulations on expecting another baby. That is such exciting news and you seem like such a fantastic mum. I'm not sure what your secret is to coping??? I keep contemplating no. 4 wondering if I can handle it!!! By the way, love the sylish new apron (it sort of matches the background of my blog). I guess you could try a heat pack on your head for the headaches or ask a naturopath for some herbs..there are herbs for everything! Must be hard having a constant headache...this is when you wish you were a guy so you could really play it up and go to bed for the week!ha ha

Jen said...

Loretta,
You see the "good side." Trust me, I too need to figure out how to cope with kids. Every. Single. Day. By all logical reasons (and judging by my mothering ability), I should definitely be done having children. But I have that "feeling" to have one or two more. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll be blessed with greater mothering skills... :)